Tuesday, September 19, 2006

What Was Learned

So what was learned from such a trip as this? Well, it would be better said to ask what God reminded me of on this trip. Why? Because the main thing that the Lord emphasized on this trip was something that I already knew, but wasn't putting into practice.

Abide in Me.

I had abandoned the habit of seeking God. I'm a pretty good pretender actually. But in Africa I was drawn so near to God. Why? Because I sought Him. (Jer. 29:13 - "You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all of your heart.") Our God doesn't hide Himself from us ya'll. David says again in Psalm 34, "I sought the Lord and He answered me.."
How cool is that?
You and me are like the man with the severe skin disease in Mark 1:40. Jesus is ready and able and willing to heal us if we will only come to Him. God knows our condition and our need. And better yet, He has unprecedented and relentless compassion on us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home