Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Ramadan Intrigue


There's something about Ramadan that particulary intrigues me--to be more specific, it's the sheer discipline of Ramadan that baffles me.

This picture from Time Magazine shows a man breaking the fast at a soup kitchen set up in London. In the words of the former U.S. Olympic gymnast coach--"How you can do this?"

When I step back to the world's perspective and observe the two religions of Christianity and Islam--I am attracted to the dedication and commitment of the Muslim faith. Rarely do you find this level of commitment among Christians.

"Why?" is the question I want to ask. If Christians would truly embrace what they believe, the weight of eternity would radically change their lifestyle.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home